FRESH SUMMERY SUPPER
This Dinner takes about 30 minutes and is just right for a hot summer night.
Main Dish: A Ginger Snap Honey Crusted Tilapia
Side Dish: Buttery Balsamic Vinegar Glazed Carrots
Salad: Spinach Mango Salad with a homemade olive oil and lemon dressing
Suggested Drinking Habits: A light white wine with a light fruity hint of peach.
Recipe portions are meant for a dinner for two, so... adjust as necessary.
2 1/2 cups baby Spinach
1/2 tomato sliced
1/4 cup diced mango
6 slices of cucumber
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon smushed mango
1 teaspoon italian herb mix
2 tablespoons Welches peach white grape juice
- Combine all ingredients in a tupperwear with lid. Shake well of course with the lid on tight
- Adjust ingredients to you taste.
2 medium size tilapia fish fillets
4 ginger snaps( I used Carr's Ginger Lemon Cremes without the filling)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
Honey for drizzling
- Prepare fish in a baking pan and ly coat both sides of the fillet with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Put ginger snaps in a baggie and crush with a mug until you have tiny crumbs. (If you have a food processor..go ahead and use it but it's hardly worth the mess for a little bit of cookie crumbs)
- Combine cookie crums, ginger, chopped nuts, then spinkle a good coating on top of the fish, drizzle honey over top of the ginger crust and cook at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes then turn to broil for 1-2 minutes to get the top crusty. WATCH IT ON BROIL BECAUSE THIS SETTING BURNS FAST!
A bunch of medium size carrots cut slanted ( or however you want) and then boiled and drained.
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan on med-low heat melt butter and then whisk in vinegar, salt and seeds.
- Try to keep creamy by not heating the butter too much.
- Add drained carrots to sauce and plate-up with fish.
Combine ingredients below.
3/4 ths white wine
1/4 th Welches peach white grape juice ( in the refridgerated cultured juice section @ your local grocery store)
1 teaspoon lemon juice