AN IDEA-FOR A SANDWICH
Here’s a little sandwich something I made the other day. You could try this exact sandwich or make your own variation for a perfect picnic in the park.

Ham & Avo on Rosemary
















The Bread:
What I did - Rosemary round bread I sliced myself and lightly toasted.
You could also use - Wheat or sourdough english muffins, fennel rye bread, sweet dark oat bread (you know the kind they serve at Cheesecake Factory) I have bought this bread as a baguette from Ralph’s and I love making sandwiches with it.

Spread for the bread:
What I did - Smushed avocado with a teaspoon lemon juice and pepper.
You could also - Mix mayo with a teaspoon or two of minced garlic or horseradish.
Maybe do a thin layer of cream cheese with some dill or crushed lavender mixed in.
Put a ½ cup of cashews in the blender or food processor to make a spread.
Or pesto is always good on a sandwich.

Pesto recipe:
1 cup basil
¼ cup Pine nuts or coarsely chopped toasted pecans
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil

Blend first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor then add oil in slowly.

Veggies:
What I did- Baby spinach & tomato
Other Possibilities - Lettuce, cucumber, thinly sliced radish, sprouts, sliced banana peppers

Meat:
What I did- Thinly sliced smoked ham
You could also use - Turkey, chicken breast or roast beef

Sauce:
What I did - Brianna’s honey mustard dressing
You could also use - Girard’s balsamic vinaigrette,
or make a nice aioli ahead of time and store for quick sandwich making.

Aioli recipe:

Pinch of saffron
1 tablespoon water
1 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Stir together saffron and water. Let stand 30 minutes.
Stir together saffron mixture, mayonnaise, and remaining ingredients. Cover and chill. Makes 1 cup.

Garnishes and Extras:
What I did - grated mozarella cheese in sandwich and sliced cucumber and radish on top for garnish.
You could also use - Craisins, green or black olive, pine nuts, almonds, toasted sesame seeds



The End

No comments: