12.01.2009

Hey EVERYONE!
This is the Everything post.

A lot has happened since I last was here in the Land of Blog.
Well, my life right now mostly consists of yarn and food. No, I work too. HELLO! and I clean the house!
Cook, crochet, cook, crochet, bake, crochet, crochet, crochet. Haha.
But in between crochet and cooking, Sean and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving at our house. I decorated the table...



and made pies while our friends made the turkey dinner. Here's Amy's amazingly beautiful roasted turkey.

The past two years I made the entire dinner so it was nice to take a break.

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. For any one out there reading, I am so thankful for the lovely blog friends I have made over the last couple of years. Sincerely, YOU JUST MAKE MY DAY THAT MUCH BETTER. :) You are the maraschino or crochet cherry on top. :)

So, after settling from Thanksgiving, Saturday night, my hubby took me on a date to the movies. * I am spoiled*. We saw The Road, which was partly filmed in Sean's home town, *shout out!* ERIE PA!
My review? Oh, Oscar winning performance and photography/film making. Yet, a very sad, depressing story with very little redemption. Viggo Mortensen??if that's how you spell his name-I don't feel like looking it up, is great.

Then, Monday, Sean had his last comedy improv performance and so I made pumpkin cookies for the after party.


These cookies are the IT of it's. Like this is IT. They are yummy and easy.

Pumpkin Cake Cookies
-Whip 15 oz can pumpkin and 1 box spice cake mix with 1 egg.*you don't even need the egg but I threw it in anyway*
-Spoon on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
-Top with cream cheese frosting and pretty sugar if you have some.

Cream Cheese Frosting
-Whip 1 1/2 pack cream cheese, room temp, with 1 cube butter, room temp.
-Add 1 cups powdered sugar and 1 tbs vanilla
Done!

So here are my crochet projects... Right now I am working on a blue whale you may never see because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to crochet the tale (or spell tail). I am also working on a super cute kiwi bird. My friend Krystal gave me her tweaked pattern and she's a super Crochet-Genius,capitalized, but I think I messed up already. I have little patience people, little patience.


Baby Plum


Elli Cupcake rattle

This is Elli, our friends super-duper adorable baby. *I actually was at her birth only 5 months ago* WOW!


Patty the Pear with her two sisters.


AND...this cutie pa-tootie is a rattle for my niece, Kaidyn.
Cutie girl, Kaidyn :) Isn't she sweet.

Okay, that's it.

THE END!

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

So glad you got a break this Thanksgiving!!
Those cookies look so easy and yummy!!
I'm in LOVE with your crocheted creations! The furthest I ever got with that was a dishrag, or a very long scarf! :)

Lisa said...

Those are great cookies! Cute babies.... and I love you crochet projects. From the looks of your cute fruit faces I'd guess you are a Crochet-Genius yourself. Just sayin'...

kamailesfood said...

I'm all over those cookies. Yum!

I love your crochet projects too. So cute! Kinda makes me wish I had learned to crochet more than a scarf.

LaundryBasketCase said...

What a bunch of cute photos! Your crochet stuff looks amazing and those pumpkin cake cookies... Mmmmm! It's just a shame that we don't get canned pumpkin in the UK (although i suppose I could just not be lazy and just do it myself ) HA ha, glad to hear you've been cleaning too ;)

Ellie said...

Great post with all the lovely and cute pictures :)

lucia said...

ivy! when will you stop!? will there be a mr. mrs. pear as well now. my my...i do love them...sooo CUTE!
did you use beans, rice?

Gigi said...

omg the crocheted fruits are adorable!! happy new year!