...And We're Bachk!

Have you ever seen the SNL sketch that Jimmy Fallon did as the radio host. HE would say, "And we're bacccchhhhkkk!" It was funny.

Anyway, What have I been up to?

I have been so busy, that I have had no time to blog. Thank goodness it's Friday and the start of a 3-day weekend. I give honors to Martin Luther King and the wonderful person he truly was and what he did for humanity. Thank you Dr. King, Monday is YOUR day! :)

Well, Christmas with my lovely husband, sister and brother was awesome. We eat lots of really delicious food


and enjoyed our time by the lovely tree being jolly. :)




One of the gifts my lovely Seanie gave me was a retro stand mixer ( I love it and can't wait to put it to use!). Isn't it pretty!


I have done quite a few crochet projects since I last was in Blogoland. Here's just a couple of things I have made.

( My first scarf ever, my 1st crochet project ever!)


(a scarf I made for my cousin's birthday)


(a scarf I made my mother-in-law.)

So far I know how to chain, yarn over, sc, dc, hdc, make a treble stitch?, make a rose, make different kinds of flowers, make leaves for the flowers, and make scarves. Haha!

I want to learn how to make little baby booties, hats, lace doilies, and neclaces.

I just did do a little baking-these chocolate soufle cupcakes. I have done them before but the new docarating this time turned out pretty nice so I took some pictures.


(Decorated with chocolate ganache/glaze, fresh Bing cherries, orange swirl zests, coarse sugar, and fine edible glitter)

So that's all for now. I hope to see you soon with something new and exciting to share.

THE END!

7 comments:

Stephany Benbow said...

Your mixer is fantastic! So nice and shiny. Have fun breaking it it

Laura said...

I love the snowflakes falling on your blog! Seems you had a wonderful christmas! The chocolate souffle muffins looks yummy! Have a wonderful 2009.

Bunny said...

Welcome back IVY! I love the scarfs and cupcakes!

Lisa said...

Glad you're back, Ivy! Sounds like you had a great Christmas. I can't wait to see what you do with that cool stand mixer.

Yogihan said...

Welcome back Ivy! I have wondered wher you have been... But I see you have been busy. What a stunning mixer, it's lovely. And oh, those little cupcakes, wow.
Anyway, it's great to have you back, can't wait to see what wonderful things you come up with in 2009!
xxx

Michelle said...

OH your cupcakes are so cute! Love chocolate and cherry and orange zest...together they are so good!

I'm trying to get back into the blog groove too!

Michelle

Amy said...

Nice work on your scarves!! Very impressive. Also your food pictures look super awesome.