Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread

It's November! The month of Thanksgiving. Wow! There are so many things to be thankful for in my life. At the top of my list right now...Thanksgiving food! :) I can't wait. The Turkey, stuffing, and homemade cranberry sauce are my favorites and I have to eat them together(a little in each bite-is that weird?) I know some people, like my husband, eat each food separately...The turkey, then the stuffing, then the potatoes, then the cranberry sauce. How do you eat? Are you like me wanting to have the salty and the sweet together, or do you savor each one by itself? 

Ohhhh, and then there is dessert. I grew up mainly on homemade pumpkin pie and real whipped cream-It was always so good.

I like to wait until Thanksgiving Day to have a slice of  pumpkin pie though, because if I start eating that stuff too early, I will be sick of it before Thanksgiving. So, I make other pumpkin things to tide me over. Last year I made these bomb pumpkin spice cookies. You mix pumpkin with a box of spice cake-mix and like.. 1 egg or so. The batter is thicker than a cake batter..then you spoon them onto parchment as cookies and bake them. And top with cream cheese frosting. They were super addicting. 
Anyway, this year, I have stumbled upon making a yummy pumpkin chocolate swirl bread and it turned out deliciously moist and beautiful when sliced into pieces.

Ivy's Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread Recipe:
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp all spice
3 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne
pinch of cardamom
2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter, room temp
3 eggs, room temp
1 can pumpkin
2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup milk
-Preheat oven to 350F
-Butter a 9x9 square baking pan.
-In a medium bowl, whisk all dry ingredients and set aside
-In a glass bowl over a pot of 1/2 cup simmer water, melt the chocolate chips, stir to smooth, take the bowl off the heat and set aside.
-In large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy to to the max
-Add eggs (one at a time) and vanilla.
-Add in pumpkin, mix well.
-Mix in half the flour mixture, mix.
-Pour in half the milk, mix.
-Add the rest  of the flour, mix.
-Add the rest of the milk, Scrape sides of bowl and bottom, and mix well.
-Separate the batter into two bowls. In one, mix in the melted chocolate.
-Alternate pouring each batter type into the baking pan. The pan should be 3/4 full.
-With a wooden spoon, swirl the batter around a little and smooth out the top.
-Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes clean when stuck in the middle.
-Let cool, then invert onto a cutting board and cut serving size slices.

THE END!

7 comments:

Suze said...

Yuuuuuummmy!
I actually roasted up some acorn squash and need to use it..I think I might sub that for the pumpkin. Nom nom nom!
Thanks for a wonderful recipe my Friend!

Diana Donaldson said...

oh wow oh wow. This sounds and looks amazing. I wonder how it would be with fresh pumpkin. What do you think? I'd probably need to add additional sugar.

Ivy said...

Yeah, fresh pumpkin or squash would be totally awesome!

Torviewtoronto said...

delicious cake yummy pumpkin

angicoock said...

wonderful
Thanks

Lisa said...

Sounds wonderful! I love the addition of the cardamon and cayenne. Your recipes always have something special about them.

Lucia said...

:D *licks lips*