I *Heart* Ice Cream Cake
Actually, I have made three ice cream cakes this summer-each time in a different way and I am still figuring out the best way that is easy and yummiest. This little heart wasn't torture, it was it's larger version that I made for a friend's birthday at work that was a disaster and that's why you will see no pics of that one except for my somewhat decent top decorating. Haha.
Working on small heart shaped desserts are always more manageable.

Baking

Jamming
  
Ice creaming

Stacking

Glazing

I have no recipes for you on this one as I used box cake and bought ice cream. I know, shame on me-I have a life and cannot make everything from scratch all the time. I know, It's sad to me too.
I do, however, have one perfect recipe for the chocolate glaze.

Chocolate Glaze
1/4 cup butter, cut in 4 chunks
8 tbs bitter sweet chocolate chips
1 tbs light corn syrup

-Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a half cup simmering water.
-Once completely melted mix until smooth and take off the heat.
-Mix in corn syrup. Stir and let cool for 5 minutes.
-Poor over cake and chill.

THE END my darlings
I will leave you with a cute picture of Buddy and Amy.

9 comments:

Linoleum Rose said...

mmm.. that looks really good, as always. so do you just freeze the chocolate to get it hard? or is it the shell kind of chocolate?

Ivy said...

The chocolate will set at room temp, in the fridge, or in the freezer.

Linoleum Rose said...

cool

Tina said...

love these...and the chocolate looks soooooo good!

Unknown said...

mmm... ice cream cake! Yummy! And so darling in a heart shape. And I LOVE this picture of me with Buddy! What a fun surprise to find it here at the end of your post.

Unknown said...

im getting hungry of this :)
so sweet!

xx
www.mydailyfashiondosis.blogspot.com

Suze said...

YUM!!! I love ice cream cake!!

Yogihan said...

Gorgeous. I love that you can create soemthing so lovely and yummy from shop-bought stuff, the prefect treat to make for someone when you don't have that much time on your hands. I'm going to try this for the next birthday party I get invited to. x

Amy said...

This looks really yummy Ivy! Great job!