Delicious and Refreshing
Lemon and Fruit Sorbet
One morning I noticed that I had some peaches and kiwis, that if not used soon, would not be eaten due to unappealing over-ripeness. So I decided to make a simple sorbet. I wanted it to be about the fruit since I had just read an article from David Lebovits' blog about some sorbet in Italy where they just pureed the fresh white peaches and then put them straight into the freezer to serve as is when frozen, it looked beyond yummy. I also have been inspired by Gillian who strives to have a processed-sugarless diet and has been making things such a chocolate with agave nectar instead of sugar.
*By the way I am trying to convince her to be a guest blogger and share some of the innovative things she's been up to lately*
Yeah, so, I only added a little bit of honey for sweentner BUT, aparently I did not add enough, the sorbet was a bit too *Smacky* so in the recipe below I wrote in to add more honey.I hope you try it and enjoy it! :)

Original Recipe: Lemon and Fruit Sorbet
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup honey
2 small ripe peaches with skin on
1 cup pitted and de-stemmed rainier cherries
2 peeled kiwis
1 tbs vanilla
3-4 tbs whipping cream

-Dissolve honey in lemon juice
-Cut the kiwis and peaches into chunks
-Puree all fruit and lemon juice in a food processor
-Then add vanilla and whipping cream
-Chill in fridge over night or in freezer for and hour or so.
-Churn chilled fruit mix in ice cream maker and let set in freezer for an hour or so before serving.
THE END!

1 comment:

Suze said...

YUUUUUM!! I've been wanting a good (read EASY) sorbet recipe to try. I love love LOVE white peaches.