A Recipe Re-Run
BLUEBERRY SALSA
Originally found HERE on one of my favorite blogs, My Own Sweet Thyme .
And my first attempt HERE in a post with other blueberry creations, I have  now decided this salsa deserves it's own post. I made it for work along with two other salsas (Thai curry and yellow tomato, and chipotle and roasted tomato).
Inspired by three plump and very ripe tomatoes sitting on our common meeting table at work, we decided to make some salsa and have chips to make our Thursday more exciting.

Blueberries are not really in season right now but, I found a tiny container at Whole Foods for $5.00. I almost skipped getting them but, at the last minute sneaked them into my basket. I am so glad I did.
This salsa is going to kick ass and is MY favorite.

Blueberry Salsa Recipe:
1 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, coarsely chopped
2 tbs lime juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 -2 Tbs Cilantro, medium chopped

1 med shallot, finely chopped
1 heaping Tbs freshly grated ginger (YUM)
1 medium Serrano chili, seeds extracted. Minced twice * be careful while mincing these hot buggers*
1 tsp coarse sea salt

-Gently toss the first four ingredients together in your salsa bowl. Cover and set aside. Chill.
-Then, in a separate bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. cover and set aside.Chill.
-A half hour to hour before you are ready to serve the salsa, marry the two together and let them sit and talk.

THE END!

Come back soon for Haupia, a yummy Hawaiian dessert.

2 comments:

Cyndy said...

Oh I remember that first post and I made it too because of your description and it was fantastic! Thanks!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the link, Ivy! This really is a great salsa and well worth revisiting. Glad you enjoyed it!