Merry Christmas Everyone!
I meant to get a December post up waaay earlier but, you know how life is...and...:)
So, there ya go. LOL.

Here are some new kids on the block for Christmas time cookies, I just discovered them this week and absolutely love them. They are super simple and will be a big hit, I promise.  Found them here at Betty Crocker.
Actually the only complaint I have is that they are a little tooooo sweet for my taste. I may try to come up with a from-scratch recipe for this cookie.

Chewy Pistachio Cranberry Cookie Recipe
Adapted from Betty Crocker recipe
Ingredients:
1 bag sugar cookie mix
¼ cup AP flour
1 pkt pistachio pudding powder
1 stick butter, melted
2 eggs, room temp
A little over ½ cup Craisins, chopped
A little over ½ cup pistachios, shelled and chopped (medium-coarse)

Equipment that make this recipe easier
Large mixing bowl, holds ingredients without spilling all over your kitchen counter
Wooden spoon, fun to mix with
Parchment paper, prevents sticking
Cookie sheet, bakes cookies and prevents them from falling on the bottom of your oven.
Small cookie scoop, helps make all cookies the same size.
Kitchen timer, helps your A-D-D brain to remember you have cookies in the oven.

What to do:
-In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cookie mix, pistachio pudding powder, and flour
with a wooden spoon.
-Add in melted butter and eggs, and mix well.
-Mix in Craisins and pistachio nuts.
-Scoop batter onto cookie sheet with parment paper, like a drop cookie, small-medium size ball, with a scoop or a large spoon  about 2 inches apart.
-Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes SHARP.
-Take cookies out of the oven, the center may look a little under-cooked, THIS IS OK-TAKE THEM OUT!
-Let them sit 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before you transfer them to a flat cooling rack.
-Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, although I doubt they will last that long.

These are fun because they make me want to try other variations, like sugar cookie mix with lemon pudding and cranberries or chocolate pudding with chocolate chips etc…


If you try this recipe or any other version, let me know.
Stay tuned for Christmas-y Meringue Cookies
THE END!

2 comments:

Suze said...

these sound really good! I made some 'similar' the other day...but they sucked...no really..it was a waste of good ingredients. Sugar cookie mix, pistachios (that I hand shelled...), and cherry cordial m&ms-I must have baked them WAY too long b/c even though they weren't 'brown' they were too crunchy for me.
I'll have to try your recipe!

Lisa said...

I so totally relate this December!! I love the recipe, especially the "Equipment that makes this recipe easier" part.

Merry Christmas, Ivy!