My Dream
Chocolate Chip Cookie...
I have found you at last


I found my Oatmeal Cookies for Life but, had pretty much given up on my dream chocolate chip cookie. :( UNTIL NOW!
The recipe below is an adapted recipe from Jacques Torres(of course, right) to fit my kitchen. These cookies are really just so perfect and dreamy. The cake flour makes them light while the AP flour makes them a real cookie. They have a perfect chewy-goodness in the middle and a perfect crunch on the outside. The mini semi-sweet chocolate chips are just the perfect amount of chocolate per square cookie and the pinch of sea salt on top really gives them that extra special something. Thanks Jacques the chocolatier!

Dream Recipe

Makes about 28 cookies

3/4 cups cake flour
3/4 cups AP Flour
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 & 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
1 1/2 sticks butter, super room temp
1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg, room temp
1 teaspoons natural REAL vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (I always use semi-sweet chocolate)
Sea salt for sprinkling on cookies before baking

-Sift the two flours, baking soda, and baking powder into a small bowl. Set aside.
-Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until they are super fluffified *5 minutes on high speed people!*

-Add the egg.
-Stir in the vanilla.
-Slowly add dry ingredients and mix *with a wooden spoon if you can* until combined.
-Mix in chocolate chips.

Optional(Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate overnight) I didn't do this and the cookies turned out perfect.
Dough can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours or freeze dough drops-transfer to baggies and have for instant cookies whenever you want. I froze mine for up to a week. I loved being able to have a fresh cookie within 10 minutes and having no mess. Just Bake and eat, bake and eat.
-Bake at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookies balls the size of golf balls or (a 1 1/2 tbs cookie dough scooper for absolute perfect roundness)
-Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, about 10-15 minutes.
Transfer parchment paper to a wire rack for cooling before you move them to your pretty serving plate.

THE END!

5 comments:

Amy said...

ooooo... i have to try this sometime :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Oh lucky you for finding THE one!

Ivy said...

Ooo Ivy! Thanks for taking a picture of the dough, it's the best, most satisfying part, no? I just so happen to have a bag of c.chips (Ghiradelli) in my cupboard. I was wondering what to do with them...

Lisa said...

This week I have really been craving a Chocolate Chip Cookie. How great it would be to have some of those dough drops waiting in my freezer. I love this idea. Must try it!

Pity said...

i love cookies, and these look divine! thanks for sharing! cheers from london