Cupcakes in a Hurry: Chai Spice Cupcakes
Last week was a friend's birthday and I wanted to bake her a goodie. However, I had to make something that was quick and with on-hand ingredients. I had to be over at her house for her party a couple hours after getting home from work. Luckily, I keep some good stuff on hand like...spice cake mix and cream cheese?
I think it's Betty Crocker spice cake mix, it's really good and I use it for this yummy pumpkin cake cookie recipe I make in the fall.

Anyway, these turned out really good and the Chai element made them have a unique and gourmet touch. 

Spice Cupcake Recipe
-Spice cake mix, follow box directions.
-Substitute the water it calls for with a half-half mix of milk and Tazo Chai extract.
-Add more cake spice/cinnamon/all spice to your liking(2 tsp maybe)
-Bake batter into mini or regular cupcakes
Oven temp is 350F, bake for 10-20 minutes depending on your cupcake size choice.

 Chai Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
2 packs cream cheese, I think that's 8oz. -room temp
1 1/2 sticks butter, room temp
1 cup powder sugar or to taste
1/4 cup Tazo Chai Tea extract-I love this YUMMY stuff. I get it at the grocery store in the tea section.
 1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs cake spice or pumpkin pie spice
-Whip cream cheese and butter, then slowly add each remaining ingredient one at a time.
-Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes
I decorated with cake spice, chocolate sprinkles, fine dry coconut, and pearl dragees.
THE END!

No comments: